May 9, 2009

The Race












I have completed a 5k this morning. It is my first race ever and I did it in 30 minutes!!! This may not sound like much of an accomplishment to some, but I am so proud of myself. The energy there was amazing. There were cheerleaders along the race and a band playing as well as the radio blaring and scouts handing out water. All around are breast cancer survivors and people touched by the tragedy that breast cancer can leave behind. There were over 15,ooo runners/walkers. I was extremely lucky to share this experience with my wonderful sister-in-law Michelle. She trained with me some of the time and motivated me to keep on going. I really love that remarkable woman. I will truely miss her when she and her family move for school. I also want to express my sincere gratitude for my husband. Lets just say he is not particularly fond of crowds but he braved through it to watch my accomplishment. He has been supportive throughout my training.




Last but no least thanks to my brother for watching the boys for us so we didn't have to worry about them getting board or lost among those 15,000 + people. Love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment